So, I've been really sad since Oprah has gone off air! If you know me, you know I love OPRAH! Instead of watching her on TV these days, I have to settle for the emails! Recently, one of her emails talked about being the happiest you! Well, I'm a pretty chipper person, so I didn't think any of these activities would help me. When reading one of the articles, I found this activity that instructed you to write down all the simple things in life that make you the happiest! I shared this activity with a few of my besties, and we had a blast creating our lists! I think everyone should try it! It's quite therapeutic! I'll close this small blog post with my list! ENJOY
-BTW! If you decide to create your own, I would love to read it!_________________________________________________________________________
1. God: This year, I can honestly say I’ve grown as a Christian. I’ve always wanted to grow in my faith, and grad school has made that a reality!! I realized so many nights that when I couldn’t depend on anyone else, I could always depend on God. He quickly lets me know that I’m nothing without him, and I can’t do anything by myself! #praisebreak
2. Family: I LOVE THEM! Although they annoy me at times, I can’t see myself going through life without them. I cherish all the moments we have together because these days I don’t get to see them when I want.
3. Mother-Daughter time: My mom is really my best friend. We talk to each other probably five times a day! I always have a great time with her even if we’re just sitting outside people watching! I’m sad that we don’t live closer to each other, but it makes our visits with one another that more special.
4. Friends: My friends are great! What would I do without my ride or die chicks! They are always ready to wreck-shop when needed! I know that my friends are real because we don’t talk on a daily basis, but when we do it’s like we’ve talked all the time. We always enjoy each other’s company, and there’s never a dull moment when we get together.
5. Reading: It really soothes my soul! I finally feel at peace when I’m wrapped up with a book. One, I can make the characters look like I want them too, and I can interpret the written words anyway I want. I believe everyone needs to find a good book and fall in love with it.
6. Delta Sigma Theta: I LOVE MY DST! I mean you can’t get anymore legit than DST! Since becoming a Delta, I’ve become a better person! I’m stronger and not afraid to try anything. Delta has also blessed me with thousands of sisters, especially my LT sorors, who work hard and realize the importance of working towards something bigger than ourselves.
7. Bookstores & Libraries: I really lose my mind here! I just love the smell of books and touching books. It’s something about the sound that comes when you’re turning the pages, or the smell of the paper. Bookstores and libraries are filled with so much information and knowledge. It just shows me how much I still don’t know, and new topics I could learn about.
8. Sparkles, animal print, & jewelry: Everyone knows I have an addiction to anything that sparkles, anything decorated with animal print, and jewelry; all of these things just catch my eye and make me feel beautiful. It doesn’t matter if I’m wearing sweat pants and a white tee…if I have hoops, a chunky ring, and a sparkly bracelet…I feel super sophisticated!
9. Writing: This is a new thing! I never appreciated writing until this year when I had to reflect on my life on a consistent basis. Whenever I’m having a bad day and I write about, it seems like everything’s better. I got it all out! I don’t have to tell anyone about it; my notebook does me justice. I hope one day others will see the power of writing and enjoy it!
10. 7th graders (middle schoolers in general): I love my 7th grade babies! I can always count on them to make me laugh. It’s something about their innocence that’s just beautiful. They’re old enough to understand the concepts of life, but still naïve and see life for its beauty. They make me feel young, and keep me energized and excited!
11. Teaching: I really enjoy my job! Although I’m tired by the end of the day, I thoroughly enjoy what I do! I can use all of my creativity and make learning exciting. Who’s to say I’ll be doing this five years from now, but I will always remember how great I felt at the end of each day!
12. Entertaining: I love having people over for dinner, girl’s night, or just random conversations. I can’t wait to have a house to throw dinner parties and cook for my friends! I get excited when I see new dishes and pots and pans in the store! This is probably my true calling…to be a homemaker or entertainer.
13. Shopping: I have a shopping addiction! I really do! I just love going to the mall! I don’t have to buy anything; just being in the atmosphere brings me joy!
14. Black TV: Since I have TVONE now (moving on up in the world), I just love watching original black comedies. Martin, Eve, Sanford and Son, Living Single, Fresh Prince, The Cosby’s…just good quality Black television.
15. Pedicures and Manicures: I always feel like a girl when I get these. Just the feeling of being pampered! Love it!
16. School & Learning: Being out of school for the past couple of months, I realized that I actually enjoy it! During the MAT program, I constantly said I would never go back to school, but I’m really considering getting a doctorate in the future! Who knows! We shall see.
17. Cooking: I really enjoy cooking! I’m not great at it, but I try my best. I love to experiment with new foods and recipes.
18. Traveling: I love going to new places! I’ve done a lot of traveling in the US, but never outside the country. I want to see what the rest of the world has to offer. Before I’m thirty, I hope to have gone to Italy, Greece, and Egypt.
19. Purses and Shoes: Getting new shoes and purses makes my day! It’s hard to believe this because during my middle school years, I was the ultimate tomboy who hated to carry a purse and wear shoes other than Nikes! BOY, how time has changed! I love shoes; any kind of shoes! Wedges, stilettos, flip-flops, clogs…I love them all. I love purses as well! These days, I don’t buy them as much, but I love getting new ones. I’m saving for my new purse of my dreams as we speak!
20. Working Out: Working out makes me feel so energized. For the longest, I hated working out. I don’t necessarily always want to do it now, but I feel so refreshed afterwards. I want to continue this lifestyle change and put it in my future family’s life.