Saturday, March 12, 2011

Life At the End of the MAT

So, I realized I haven't actually blogged publicly in forever. For one, I haven't had time. 2nd, I got this amazing journal for Christmas, and I've been putting it to use. Today, I dared to be different and decided to give you all an update on my life. I know you've wanted it, and you don't have to thank me all at once! hahaha

53 days until I'm done with my 2nd internship and the MAT! :-)
62 days until GRADUATION! :-) :-)

Although I'm ecstatic about the numbers dwindling expeditiously, I'm still nervous about the next step in life. I've been in school forever, and life without school and the act of going to class seems so weird to me. I say that I won't miss having class, and I'm never going back, but something deep down seems to differ. I say this because since I've started my internships, I've had the chance to work with several people in the education field. Their jobs interest me. Who knows, five years from now I may be getting my masters in school counseling or taking more literacy classes to become a literacy coach.

Back to current day life, I'm in the final stages of the MAT, and I'm feeling it. If you know me, you know I don't stress or get overwhelmed easily. Well let's be realistic, I don't ever get stressed. This semester has given me my first acquaintance with stress, and I see how the overachievers in life feel on a daily basis. I don't understand how they function like this. I think having to apply for jobs, finalizing my data and complying a research project, homework from other classes, six weeks of solo teaching, and my personal life (which I don't have, I just cater to the things that keep me functioning) are all adding up. Some days I feel like there just isn't enough time in the day. With all of these things coming at me, I still feel happy, and I still have my laid back go with the flow attitude. It's strange. Maybe it's because I always look at the big picture of things, and then hit the details, then again it could just be God showing me that this is a test that I have to go through, and He'll never put more on then I can bare. Who knows, but I choose to go with the latter statement.

Jobs....Jobs...Jobs..... It's exciting. I've been waiting forever for this. I'm so close to having my own classroom. It's going to be a little different having my own classroom. I don't know if I'll be able to do it by myself. (hahaha) I've been thinking for the past week or so on how I want to decorate my classroom. I've been looking at random websites for ideas, and picking up little things at stores that I think will be great.

I've filled out applications for Rogers, Fayetteville, Springdale, and Bentonville. I'm applying to the Sidwell Friends School in D.C. for fun. One, you have to make this process fun, or you'll become crazy. Two, who wouldn't want to live in D.C. Three, who wouldn't want to teach Sasha and Malia Obama. Having President Obama and First Lady Michelle at parent teacher conferences would be pretty amazing. I have my first interview on April 2nd for Rogers; I don't know if I'm really prepared, but I plan to use my Spring Break to get ready! I'm making my mom interview me a million times over break. She does this for a living, and she'll be honest and tell me if I did awful or good while answering questions.

I'm keeping my options open. Really at this point, I can't be that picky because not many teachers are retiring. I have my top choices in mind of where I want to teach. One out weighs the others, and if it all goes in my favor I hope it to be there next year. If not, I have several back up plans. You never know, I may be lucky enough to teach in D.C. (lol)

That's it for now.....Hopefully in April or May, I'll have some more interesting things for you. I'll leave you with a few pictures of my beloved Gab-Gab who I got to see last weekend, and my list of activities I want to do after the MAT! hahaha
-Aterra


Things I miss and want to do after the MAT

  1. Leisure reading
  2. Experimenting with cooking
  3. Watching TV
  4. Sleeping
  5. Saturdays that don't consist of homework
  6. Talking on the phone
  7. Not feeling guilty when I do things I like
  8. Seeing my family and loves more often
  9. Shopping
  10. Writing
GAB-GAB!! My beautiful and amazing 9 month old niece!



Who wouldn't be in love with her!



I'm so happy to have LS'! They're the sisters I didn't have, and they supply me with beautiful nieces to spoil! hahaha

1 comment:

  1. love that list :D me & Gab-Gab are rooting for you, Aunt LO! lol, love ya!

    ReplyDelete